Solo Strings Competition
Photo Credit: Margaret Zufall Roberts
Enrique Rodrigues, 2011 ASTA/NJ Solo Competition Winner, Early Bird Division
The 2013 ASTA National Solo Competition is undergoing some major changes from previous years!
Here are some of the early details:
• All auditions will be submitted via video upload and all auditions will go directly to the National Preliminaries. There will be no state level auditions as in previous years.
• Application deadline will be November 2012.
• Repertoire for the competition is available.
• Finals will be held in New York City in April of 2013.
• Grand Prize: $5000
• Senior Division Instrument Prizes: $1000
• Junior Division Instrument Prizes: $500
More details will be available soon on the National Solo Competition page at www.astaweb.com.
2012 ASTA/NJ SOLO STRING COMPETITION WINNERS ANNOUNCED - CONGRATULATIONS ALL!
Early Bird Division Winner – Enrique Rodriques, a 9-yr-old violinist – Fair Lawn, NJ - playing the Sarasate Zigeunerweisen and the Bach Sonata No. 1: Adagio. Click here to read Enrique's biography. See Enrique's photo above!
Early Bird Division Honorable Mention – Kingston Ho, a 10-yr-old violinist – Ledgewood, NJ - playing Bach Sonata No. 1, and Mozart Sonata K. 301
Junior A Division Winner – Soyeong Park, a 14-yr-old violinist – Princeton Junction, NJ - playing the Ysaye Sonata “Les Furies”, and Dvorak Concerto: Finale. Click here to read Soyeong's biography.
Junior B Division Winner – Solomon Oak, 16-yr-old violinist – Harrington Park, NJ - playing Weiniawski Polonaise Brilliant, Mendelssohn Concerto: 3rd mvt. Click here to read Solomon's biography.
Junior B Division Honorable Mention – Angela Kim, 15-yr-old violinist – Franklin Lakes, NJ, playing the Mendelssohn Concerto: 1st mvt. and Weiniawski Polonaise Brilliant. Click here to read Angela's biography.